All costs are NZD and include GST
Half Day Discounted* $210
Half Day Workshop only $240
Full Day Discounted* $380
Full Day Workshop Only $440
Transport SIG Breakfast $50
* Discounted price is for delegates who have registered for the FULL conference otherwise full price applies.
The following workshops are available for registration via the registration page:
SUNDAY, 15 SEPTEMBER
Special Interest Groups
- Odour SIG (full day)
- Air Quality and Health SIG (half day morning)
- Indoor Air SIG (half day afternoon)
- Measurement SIG (half day morning)
- Drones and Air Quality (half day afternoon) See below for details.
MONDAY, 16 SEPTEMBER
- EAQP Dinner (at own cost but would like them to register)
TUESDAY, 17 SEPTEMBER
Special Interest Groups
- Transport SIG (Breakfast Session)
WEDNESDAY, 18 SEPTEMBER
The following sessions will run on the Wednesday afternoon, following the conference close.
- Shipping and Air Quality (half day afternoon) See below for details
- Waste Water Treatment Plant and Winery Tour – express of interest only. A small cost will apply to cover transport. The tour will only run if there is enough interest.
AND ONE A BIT DIFFERENT FOR THE WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY
- Lauder visit – expression of interest only. A small cost will apply to cover transport. The tour will only run if there is enough interest.
- We would like to offer a Wednesday afternoon or Thursday full day option. We need to gain expressions of interest.
DRONES AND AIR QUALITY WORKSHOP
Drones provides a unique tool for air quality investigation, allowing measurements and visualisation in three dimensions. This workshop will be a forum for case studies and discussion in the field of drone led air quality applications. Dr Brendan Halliburton, Senior Research Scientist at CSIRO, will provide the keynote presentation on his innovative work investigating methane and Coal Seam Gas Wells, nitrogen dioxide emissions from blasting and the challenges and opportunities for direct and indirect drone monitoring techniques. Join us at The Rydges, Queenstown to hear about this new field which is expanding our understanding of the air environment.
Sunday,15 September 2019, 2.30 pm am to 5.30pm (includes afternoon tea)
We welcome speaker contributions in the form of 15 minute or 30 minute presentations. Presentations should focus on the application of drones for air quality investigation. Case studies and topics which facilitate discussion will be highly regarded.
Please contact Jacinda Shen – firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in presenting at this workshop.
CASANZ welcomes sponsorship for this event. Please contact Jacinda Shen – Training Manager for options.
SHIPPING AND AIR QUALITY WORKSHOP
This workshop will feature conference keynote speaker Christine Rigby from the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. The workshop will provide an in-depth examination of the air quality impacts of shipping and port operation, focusing on the technical aspects of emissions inventories, challenges associated with shared airsheds and incentives programs.
This workshop will be available in face to face and digital format. We welcome presentations and participation by video link if attendance in person is not possible.
Wednesday,18 September 2019 – 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm (includes afternoon tea)
The Rydges, Queenstown, NZ
Christine Rigby has worked in the air quality and climate change field for 17 years, the last 13 of which have been spent leading air programs for the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority in Vancouver, Canada. At the port authority, Christine develops and implements emission reduction programs, leads special studies and undertakes environmental assessments. In fulfilling this role, she emphasizes collaboration and flexibility using results-based approaches. Prior to joining the port authority, Christine spent four years working for the British Columbia Ministry of Environment on air quality related issues in the northwest part of the province. She holds a Master of Science degree in Atmospheric Science from the University of Guelph and a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Brock University, both in Ontario, Canada.
We welcome speaker contributions for 15 minute presentations. Case studies and topics which facilitate discussion will be highly regarded.
Please contact Jacinda Shen – Training Manager to register your interest in presenting at this workshop.